A CALLED BOARD MEETING
COLEMAN EDC, INC.WILL BE CONDUCTED
AT THE TEMPORARY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OFFICE BUILDING
LOCATED AT 110 SOUTH COMMERCIAL
ON FRIDAY, MAY 18, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
A called meeting of the Type 4-A Coleman Economic Development Corporation will be held on Friday, May 18, 2018 at 5:00 P.M. The following subjects will be considered in any order that is considered most convenient by the Board of Directors of the Coleman Economic Development Corporation.
CALL TO ORDER: Herman Law, President
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUEST: Herman Law, President
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES:
No Actions to be taken at this called meeting-Herman Law, President
No actions to be taken at this called meeting – Herman Law, President.
New Business Items:
1. The Type 4- A CEDC Board of Directors may consider, discuss, and/or take action regarding the lease of some 48.65 acres of land more or less to be use for agricultural purposes only and which lies within the Industrial Park. The Type 4- A CEDC property shall be leased to Mr. Paul Whittington. – Herman Law, President.
2. The Type 4-A CEDC Board of Directors may consider, discuss and/or take action on a proposed contract with Chris Guerrero to spray the 68 acres owned by the CEDC (Rail Junction Property) to keep the property free of weeds in exchange for Mr. Guerrero’s right to harvest and retain the hay crop produced on the 68 acre tract - Herman Law, President.
3. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
1. The next regular scheduled meeting of the Type 4-A CECD shall be conducted on June 5 at 6:00 P.M. at the temporary offices of the Chamber of Commerce, 110 S. Commercial, Coleman, Texas – Herman Law, President.
4. RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR:
Visitors will be limited to no more than (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) A statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) A recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
5. ADJOURNMENT OF THE MEETING: _________________ P.M.
The CEDC Board of Directors of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071(Consultation with the Board’s Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.087(Economic Development).
I Monte Merriman, do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on May 14, 2018 at _______P.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Executive Director by calling 325-625-3669 or by going by 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.