COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
BILL FRANKLIN CENTER
13152 St. Hwy. 206, COLEMAN, TEXAS
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
CALL TO ORDER:
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
● Board will consider approval of minutes of 4-17-18 Regular Monthly Board Meeting, the Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes
● Sandra Rose, the board’s accountant, will present the monthly financial report for the CCC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes and Sandra Rose
Open Public Hearing
In accordance with the Texas Local Gov’t Code Section 505.159, a Public Hearing will be held by the Board of Directors of the Coleman Community Coalition, a Type B Economic Development Corporation during a meeting to be held on May 15, 2018 at 6:00 P.M. at the Bill Franklin Center, 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas, to consider and/or take action upon 2 projects:
The Board may conduct a public hearing on 2 projects:
1. To provide funds up to $6,780.00 to be utilized to build a boundary fence off of CR 402 to prevent vandalism at Milton Autry Memory Lake.
2. To provide funds up to $1,500.00 for the Picnic in the Park to be held in the Coleman City Park on July 4th 2018.
Close Public Hearing
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CCC may consider, discuss or take action on approving a resolution to approve the following projects: a) To provide funds up to $6,780.00 to be utilized to build a boundary fence off of CR 402 to prevent vandalism at Milton Autry Memory Lake, b) To provide funds up to $1,500.00 for the Picnic in the Park to be held in the Coleman City Park on July 4th 2018. The projects, if approved, will be presented to the Coleman City Council for their approval. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
2. The CCC may consider, discuss or take action on presentation by Kevin Phillips for a Restaurant project that will include remodel and equipment. Joe Haynes, Kim Little and Kevin Phillips
3. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on a request for financial assistance in the amount of $7,568.80 from the Coleman Cemetery Advisory Committee for the CCC to fund purchase of a new roof for the historic “Overall Rest” building at the cemetery. Joe Haynes, Kim Little and Lana Kading
4. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on approving funds to reimburse the City of Coleman $953.68 for electrical plugs on poles for the wireless speaker system in downtown Coleman. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
5. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on approving funds to pay a monthly subscription to Mood Mix for $34.95/month for music streaming for the downtown sound system. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
6. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on participating in a joint Town Hall meeting with the Type A CEDC with a tentative date for June 28th at 6pm at the Bill Franklin Center. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
7. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on setting a budget workshop for FY 19 (tentative date July 10th at 6pm). Joe Haynes and Kim Little
8. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on allowing the Executive Director to attend the ARCIT 2018 Annual Conference Oct. 1-3 in San Antonio. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
9. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action to review the annual E.D. Plan to be presented to the City of Coleman with the FY 19 Budget. Joe Haynes
10. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on providing $100.00 to help offset the cost of the Eldercare Conference on September 15, 2018. Funds are used for meals, speaker fees and to cover registration cost of participants. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
11. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on the possibility of developing a brand/logo/tag line for the Type B CCC. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
12. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action concerning the
monthly report from the Executive Director.
ITEMS TO BE COVERED:
1. Retail Update-Biz People Meeting/Events/Activities
2. Sound System
3. Outdoor Adventure
5. Billboards Update
6. Career Development Center (Finance & Facility Update)
13. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CCC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
14. ADJOURNMENT OF THE MEETING
The CCC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I KIM LITTLE do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CCC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2018 at _______ A.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Kim Little, Executive Director of CCC
The CCC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CCC Executive Director by calling 325-625-1280 or by going by 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.