REGULAR BOARD MEETING
COLEMAN EDC, INC.
AT THE TEMPORARY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OFFICE
110 SOUTH COMMERCIAL
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
CALL TO ORDER: Herman Law, President
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUEST:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES:
Board members will consider approval of minutes of the April 23, 2018 Special Called Project CHEW meeting, April 23, 2018 Regular monthly board meeting and the May 18, 2018 Special Called board meeting. The Board will take any action deemed necessary-Herman Law
Harold Skelton, the board’s accountant, will present the monthly financial report for the CEDC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary-Herman Law and Harold Skelton
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on the reorganization of JAL Welding by Eric Beaird. Herman Law and Monte Merriman Eric Beaird
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on a proposal to repair the Chamber of Commerce Building. Herman Law and Monte Merriman
3. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on adoption of draft of Economic Development Plan/Measures for the CEDC and presentation on Community Comparisons. Herman Law, Mark Price, Jack Birdwell and Kim Little
4. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on previous Presentation by Executive Director, Kim Little on review of Existing Policy & Procedures for financial, accounting, purchasing and budgeting in compliance of SMART goals deadline of 4-1-18. The item was tabled at 3-26-18 and 4-23-18 Board Meetings until Herman Law and Gary Payne could talk to auditors and until the audit is presented. Herman Law and Gary Payne
5. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action to participate jointly with Type B CCC in a Town Hall meeting on June 28th. Herman Law, Mark Price and Kim Little
6. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on follow-up on repairs to existing leaks in the roof on the Selkirk/Coleman Filter building. Herman Law, Monte Merriman and Kim Little
7. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on matters regarding the terms for advertising and seeking bids for leases on tracts owned by the CEDC (a 68.14 acre tract and a 48.65 acre tract) for the production of hay in 2018. This won’t be necessary unless it rains substantially soon. Herman Law, Pat Chesser and Kim Little
8. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on approving a promotional expense to grant up to $5,000.00 for the Sports Facility fundraiser to be held on June 21st at the Bill Franklin Center. Herman Law and Dr. Paul Reynolds
9. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on a new Proposal for the EDC Housing/Office location with JoAnn Eddelman. Herman Law and Mark Price
10. The CEDC Board will hear a report on current activity with existing business partners and potential prospects including an updated Evergreen list, potential Funding Opportunities and opportunities for Economic Development. Herman Law and Kim Little
11. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on an update on the status of project CHEW locating their operation in Coleman. Herman Law and Kim Little
12. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on allowing the E.D. to attend the TEDC meeting in Fort Worth, October 17-19 pending 4B approval . Herman Law and Kim Little
13. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action concerning the monthly report from the Executive Director. Herman Law and Kim Little
ITEMS TO BE COVERED:
1. Retail Update-Sales Tax, Events & Activities
2. Career Development Center Update
3. Update on Billboards
14. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
15. RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR:
Visitors will be limited to no more than (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) A statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) A recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
16. ADJOURNMENT OF THE MEETING:
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071(Consultation with the Board’s Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.087
I Monte Merriman, do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ________, 2018 at _______A.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Executive Director by calling 325-625-3669 or by going by 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.