REGULAR BOARD MEETING
COLEMAN EDC, INC.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OFFICE
110 SOUTH COMMERCIAL
Monday, March 26, 2018
CALL TO ORDER: Herman Law, President:
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUEST:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES:
Board members will consider approval of minutes of the February 22, 2018 monthly board meeting. The Board will take any action deemed necessary-Herman Law
Harold Skelton, the board’s accountant, will present the monthly financial report for the CEDC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary-Herman Law and Harold Skelton
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on consideration to provide financial partnership in City Wide cleanup. Herman Law, Mark Price, and Kim Little
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on Bylaw 4.03 (1a-i) “General Duties of the Board. Herman Law, Mark Price
3. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on Presentation by Executive Director, Kim Little on review of Existing Policy & Procedures for financial, accounting, purchasing and budgeting in compliance of SMART goals deadline of 4-1-18. Herman Law and Kim Little
4. The CEDC Board may discuss matters regarding the contract between the CEDC and CCC for shared expenses and the shared office of the Executive Director for the CEDC and the CCC. The Board may convene into Executive Session under Section 551.071(consultation with attorney) and Section 551.072(deliberation regarding real property) of the Gov’t Code to discuss these matters. Herman Law and Pat Chesser
After coming out of Executive Session, the CEDC Board may take any action it deems necessary.
5. The CEDC Board will hear a report on current activity with existing business partners and potential prospects including an updated Evergreen list, potential Funding Opportunities and opportunities for Economic Development. Herman Law and Kim Little
6. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action concerning the monthly report from the Executive Director. Herman Law and Kim Little
ITEMS TO BE COVERED:
1. Retail Update-Sales Tax, Events & Activities
2. Career Development Center Update
3. Update on Billboards
4. Job Fair (April 11th in Abilene)
7. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
8. RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR:
Visitors will be limited to no more than (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquires about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) A statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) A recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
9. ADJOURNMENT OF THE MEETING:
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071(Consultation with the Board’s Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.087
I Monte Merriman, do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ________, 2018 at _______A.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Executive Director by calling 325-625-3669 or by going by 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.