REGULAR BOARD MEETING
COLEMAN EDC, INC.
AT THE TEMPORARY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OFFICE
110 SOUTH COMMERCIAL AVENUE
Thursday February 22, 2018
CALL TO ORDER: Herman Law-President:
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING:
Board will consider approval of minutes of and January 29, 2018. The Board may take any action deemed necessary. Herman Law
Harold Skelton, the board’s accountant will present the monthly financial report for the CEDC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary –Herman Law and Harold Skelton
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the payment request from Harold Skelton as a result of the extra work required by the new auditing firm. Herman Law and Harold Skelton
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the adoption of a certain resolution allowing officers of the corporation to sign checks on behalf of the corporation. Herman Law, Harold Skelton and Pat Chesser
3. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions as a result of the Executive Director’s phone calls to individual companies on the list of companies considered as prospects for moving their company to Coleman. Herman Law and Kim Little
4. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning donating booth space to Coleman participant at the Job Fair on April 11th in Abilene. Herman Law and Kim Little
5. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the SMART Goals to be considered by the Board. Herman Law and Mark Price
BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
6. ITEMS TO BE COVERED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR—
Executive Director’s Report
Update on Project Chew
Update on Billboards
Retail/Sale Tax Update
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
7. Adjournment of the Meeting.
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I Monte Merriman do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2018 at _______ A. M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC