COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
BILL FRANKLIN CENTER
13152 St. Hwy. 206, COLEMAN, TEXAS
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
CALL TO ORDER:
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
● Board will consider approval of minutes of 3-20-18 Regular Monthly Board Meeting, the Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes
● Sandra Rose, the board’s accountant, will present the monthly financial report for the CCC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes and Sandra Rose
Open Public Hearing
In accordance with the Texas Local Gov’t Code Section 505.159, a Public Hearing will be held by the Board of Directors of the Coleman Community Coalition, a Type B Economic Development Corporation during a meeting to be held on April 17, 2018 at 5:30 P.M. at the Bill Franklin Center, 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas, to consider and/or take action upon 3 projects:
The Board may conduct a public hearing on 3 projects:
1. To partner with the Coleman Youth Association on the proposed NEW Ballpark project and to assist with maintenance and utilities up to $10,000/yr.
2. To provide funds up to $9,975.00 to be used for dozer work, water abatement, clearing brush and establishing fire lanes at Milton Autry Memory Lake.
3. To provide funds up to $10,000.00 for financial partnership with City of Coleman for 2018 City Wide Clean Up.
Close Public Hearing
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CCC may consider, discuss or take action on approving a resolution to approve the following projects: a) To partner with the Coleman Youth Association to provide funds for maintenance and utilities for the proposed NEW Ballpark project up to 10,000.00/year; b) To provide funds up to $9,975.00 to be used for dozer work, water abatement, clearing brush and establishing fire lanes at Milton Autry Memory Lake; 3) To provide funds up to $10,000.00 for financial partnership with City of Coleman for 2018 City Wide Clean up. The projects, if approved, will be presented to the Coleman City Council for their approval. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
2. The CCC may consider, discuss or take action on presentation by Kevin Phillips for Restaurant project that will include remodel and equipment. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
3. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on potential partnership with Type A CEDC to fund a Community Assessment and study by Ady Advantage, pending approval by Type A Board. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
4. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on approving funds to be utilized to build a boundary fence off of CR 402 to prevent vandalism at the Milton Autry Memory Lake. Joe Haynes, Bill Hennig
5. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on a request by, Travis Clevenger of TNT Outfitters to sponsor a Varmint (Wild Hog Contest) on April 29th. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
6. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on consideration to provide up to $1,500.00 for Picnic in the Park on July 4th, 2018. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
7. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on Type B board members or staff attending and coordinating a community leadership and team building program for Coleman. Joe Haynes and Kevin McMahon
8. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action to pay the CCYAC board for Rent, Utility Reimbursement and other personnel services for June and July 2018. Joe Haynes
9. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action concerning the
monthly report from the Executive Director.
ITEMS TO BE COVERED:
1. Retail Update-Biz People Meeting/Events/Activities
2. Disc Golf Update
4. Billboards Update
5. Career Development Center (Curriculum Committee)
10. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CCC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
11. ADJOURNMENT OF THE MEETING
The CCC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I KIM LITTLE do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CCC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2018 at _______ A.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Kim Little, Executive Director of CCC
The CCC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CCC Executive Director by calling 325-625-1280 or by going by 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.