REGULAR MEETING NOTICE
COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the Coleman Community Coalition Type B Board will be held on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 6:00p.m. at the Bill Franklin Center, 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas to consider the following items and possibly take action:
I. Call to Order
III. Comments by Visitors (limited to 3 minutes) on items not on the agenda
IV. Review of Minutes
Review of Minutes from the REGULAR MEETING held on September 18, 2018.
V. Financial Report
Review monthly report/FY 17 Audit update
VI. Public Hearing
Open Public Hearing
In accordance with the Texas Local Gov’t Code Section 505.159, a Public Hearing will be held on 5 projects:
1. To provide funds up to $18,500.00 to be utilized by Central Texas Opportunities to acquire and rehab houses in Coleman.
2. To provide funds up to $6,000.00 to Christian Family Ministries for the Backpack and Hot Meals program.
3. To participate in the VISTA program with a $1,200.00 sponsorship for a volunteer to be utilized by the Coleman Type A&B EDC’s.
4. To provide $750.00 for the Best of the Best Swine Show to be held December 1st, 2018.
5. To provide $2,250.00 for the Western Trail Longhorn show to be held on April 26, 27 & 28, 2019.
Close Public Hearing
VII. New Business
Consider and possibly take action on:
1. Providing funds/passing resolution to provide up to $18,500.00 to be utilized by CTO to acquire/rehab houses in Coleman
2. Providing funds/passing resolution to provide up to $6,000.00 to Christian Family Ministries for their Backpack and Hot Meals program
3. Providing funds up to $1,200.00 to participate in the VISTA program
4. Providing up to $750.00 for the Best of the Best Swine Show to be held on 12-1-18
5. Providing up to $2,250.00 for the Western Trail Longhorn Show, April 26, 27 & 28, 2019
6. Presentation by Annette Carrell for Prickly Pear Boutique & Restaurant
7. Participating with the City of Coleman on use of Track Hoe at Memory Lake in the amount of $3,750.00
8. Purchasing winter rye grass seed for Memory Lake
9. Renewal of ARCIT membership
10. Paying rent to the CCYAC board for October, November & December
11. Working on a new Gateway project in conjunction with the Greater Western Trail Days in April 2019
12. Setting up a Fall workday at Milton Autry Memory Lake
13. Possible consolidation of Type A&B Boards, working together with other boards
14. Prospects/Evergreen List
VIII. Directors Report-Retail/Events, ARCIT, TEDC, COG
IX. Executive Session
The CCC Board reserves the right to retire into Executive Session on any of the above referenced items pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, Government Code Sections 551.071 – Consultation with Attorney 551.072 – Deliberations about Real Property, 551.074 – Personnel Matters or 551.087 – Economic Development, if appropriate.
X. Reconvene into regular session if needed; and take appropriate action on items discussed during Executive Session.
I Certify that the above notice of meeting was posted at Coleman City Hall, 200 W. Live Oak, Coleman, Texas and at the Bill Franklin Center, 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas on ________of _______, 2018 at ________ A.M./P.M
Kim Little, Executive Director
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking space is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the Coleman Community Coalition office at (325) 625-3669 or E-mail email@example.com