COLEMAN EDC, INC.
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
IN THE TILLMAN ROOM OF THE CITY LIBRARY
408 SOUTH COMMERCIAL
Monday, September 25, 2017
CALL TO ORDER: ROY POAGE—PRESIDENT
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING:
· Board will consider approval of minutes of and August 28, 2017 The Board may take any action deemed necessary. Roy Poage
· Harold Skelton, the board’s accountant will present the monthly financial report for the CEDC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Roy Poage and Harold Skelton
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take action concerning the presentation of the City of Coleman Economic Development Plan. Roy Poage, Paul Catoe and Kenneth Coignet
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the progress of the Executive Director’s efforts in bringing prospective companies identified by SLP and other sources to Coleman to increase the job availability for Coleman citizens. Roy Poage and Kim Little
3. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning temporary office space for the Chamber Officials and the Executive Director. Roy Poage, Mary Griffis and Kim Little
4. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the request from the Coleman County Youth
Activity Center for rent, utility reimbursement and other services. Roy Poage, Kim Little and Dusty Graves
5. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take action concerning the employment, job duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director. Roy Poage
6. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning legal matters related to employment of the Executive Director with their legal counsel. Roy Poage
7. The CEDC Board reserves the right to adjourn into a joint Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss items 5. and 6. above as authorized by Texas Government Code Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters) and Texas Government Code Section 551.071(2) (consultation with attorney on a matter upon which the attorney has a duty to confidentially advise the client). Roy Poage
8. Upon returning to open session, the CEDC Board may take any action it deems appropriate regarding the matters as discussed in the Executive Session under items 5., and 6. above. Roy Poage
9. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning contacting Fern Jones on the easement for the Billboard on highway 67 by Roy Poage. Roy Poage
10. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the cost of the vinyl design and repairs for the billboard on highway 67 and the billboard on the 84 By-pass. Roy Poage and Kim Little
11. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning an update on the installation of a sprinkler system by Koetter Fire Protection in the Selkirk Building. Roy Poage, Monte Merriman and Harold Skelton
12. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning update of JAL’s plans for the modifications to the Ambulance and Selkirk Buildings funded by JAL. Roy Poage and Herman Law
13. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the update of the repair of the failure of a portion of the concrete floor in the Selkirk Building leased by JAL Welding. Roy Poage and Herman Law
14. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning participating with the Chamber on TMCN membership. Roy Poage, Mary Griffis
15. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning Herman Watson wanting to lease 68 acres of Railroad Junction property. Roy Poage and Kim Little
16. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
17. ITEMS TO BE COVERED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR—the Executive Director did not request any items be put on the agenda.
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
18. Adjournment of the Meeting.
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I Monte Merriman do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2017 at _______ A. M.. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Secretary by calling 325-625-2163 or by going by 218 Commercial Avenue, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.