COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
BILL FRANKLIN CENTER
13152 St. Hwy 206
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
CALL TO ORDER:
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
● Board will consider approval of minutes of 9-19-17 Regular Monthly Board Meeting and the 9-19-17 Joint Board Meeting with CEDC, the Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes
● Sandra Rose, the board’s accountant, will present the monthly financial report for the CCC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes and Sandra Rose
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CCC may consider, discuss or take action on contracting with Boyd King for installation of Christmas lights at City Park and Courthouse. Joe Haynes, Kim Little
2. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on acquiring/managing 4 Billboards currently owned by the Coleman County Chamber of Commerce as well as approximately $6,200.00 to be used for sign maintenance and repairs. Kim Little
3. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on working with TXDOT on Gateway additions and Way Finding signage in Coleman. Kim Little and Joe Haynes
4. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on allowing the Executive Director to attend the COG Annual Meeting on Wednesday, November 8th. Kim Little
5. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on reimbursement to Coleman County Youth Activity Center for Rent, Utility reimbursement and other services for October 2017. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
6. Open Public Hearing
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION, A TYPE B ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
In accordance with the Texas Local Gov’t Code Section 505.159, a Public Hearing will be held by the Board of Directors of the Coleman Community Coalition, a Type B Economic Development Corporation during a meeting to be held on October 17th, 2017 at 5:30 P.M. at the Bill Franklin Center, 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas, to consider and/or take action upon a project:
The Board may conduct a public hearing on a project:
1. A possible incentive to Partner with Best of the Best Swine Show to be held on December 2nd, 2017 in the amount of up to $750.00 to help with advertising and Show Expenses to bring an event to Coleman & Coleman County.
7. Close Public Hearing
8. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on providing an incentive of $750.00 to partner with Best of the Best Swine Show for December 2nd, 2017. Joe Haynes
9. The CCC Board will hear a presentation from Board President Joe Haynes regarding the cooperative measures between Type B CCC & Type A CEDC
10. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action concerning the
monthly report from the Executive Director.
ITEMS TO BE COVERED:
1. Retail Update-Fall Festival & Christmas
2. Disc Golf
3. TEDC – Oct. 18-20
4. ARCIT – Nov. 1-3
5. City Plan
6. Memory Lake & Dance Floor Update
9. COG-Loan Committee
10. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
11. ADJOURNMENT OF THE MEETING
The CCC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I JOE HAYNES do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CCC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2017 at _______ P.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Joe Haynes, President of CCC
The CCC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CCC President by calling 325-998-5171 or by going by 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.