COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
COLEMAN PUBLIC LIBRARY-TILLMAN ROOM
402 S. Commercial
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
CALL TO ORDER:
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
● Board will consider approval of minutes of 8-15-17, the Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes
● Sandra Rose, the board’s accountant, will present the monthly financial report for the CCC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes and Sandra Rose
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CCC may consider, discuss or take action on participating with the ACU Griggs Center for Entrepreneurship and Philanthropy to host the Springboard Program in Coleman on January 25th, 2018. Joe Haynes, Kim Little
2. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on request from Tina Rankin for financial assistance with Coleman Senior Center specifically for paying some bills. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
3. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on determining ownership of hard drives, screens, keyboards and accessories as well as a laptop that have been relocated to the Bill Franklin Center. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
4. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on acquiring 4 Billboards currently owned by the Coleman County Chamber of Commerce as well as approximately $6,200.00 to be used for sign maintenance and repairs. Kim Little
5. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on participating with the Best of the Best Swine Show to be held on December 2nd at the Goree Center. Kim Little and Joe Haynes
6. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on request from Coleman County Youth Activity Center for Rent, Utility reimbursement and other services to begin on October 1st, 2017. Dusty Greaves
7. Open Public Hearing
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION, A TYPE B ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
In accordance with the Texas Local Gov’t Code Section 505.159, a Public Hearing will be held by the Board of Directors of the Coleman Community Coalition, a Type B Economic Development Corporation during a meeting to be held on September 19th, 2017 at 5:30 P.M. at the Coleman Public Library-Tillman Room, 408 S. Commercial, Coleman, Texas, to consider and/or take action upon a project:
The Board may conduct a public hearing on a project:
1. A possible incentive to Partner with CHAPS in the amount of up to $1575.00 to fund the repairs of water leaks at Heritage Hall.
8. Close Public Hearing
9. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on providing an incentive of $1,575.00 to partner with CHAPS for repairs of water leaks at Heritage Hall. Joe Haynes
10. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action concerning the monthly report from the Executive Director.
ITEMS TO BE COVERED:
1. Retail update
2. Coleman Rocks
5. Disc Golf
11. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
12. ADJOURNMENT OF THE MEETING
The CCC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I JOE HAYNES do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CCC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2017 at _______ P.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Joe Haynes, President of CCC
The CCC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CCC President by calling 325-998-5171 or by going by 218 Commercial Avenue, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.