COLEMAN EDC, INC.
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BOARD ROOM
218 SOUTH COMMERCIAL
Monday, August 28, 2017
CALL TO ORDER: ROY POAGE—PRESIDENT
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING:
· Board will consider approval of minutes of July 17, 2017 and August 7, 2017. The Board may take any action deemed necessary. Roy Poage
· Harold Skelton, the board’s accountant will present the monthly financial report for the CEDC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Roy Poage and Harold Skelton
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the termination of the Agreement between the CEDC and the CCC Concerning the Shared Costs and Services of a Executive Director dated October 15, 2013. The President of 4 B, Joe Haynes, will be invited to attend. Roy Poage
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the TWC reports submitted by JAL Welding, Coleman Filter and CTO. Roy Poage and Harold Skelton
3. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the lease agreements with Coleman Filter and JAL Welding. Roy Poage, Monte Merriman, and Herman Law
4. The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to receive legal advice on items 1., 2., and 3. above as authorized by Texas Government Code Section 551.087 (Economic Development) and 551.071(2) (Consultation with attorney on a matter upon which the attorney has a duty to confidentially advise the client). Roy Poage
5. Upon returning to open session, the CEDC Board may take any action it deems appropriate regarding the matters as discussed in the Executive Session under item 1., 2., and 3. above. Roy Poage
6. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the progress of the Executive Director’s efforts in bringing prospective companies identified by SLP and other sources to Coleman to increase the job availability for Coleman citizens. Roy Poage and Kim Little
7. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the cost of the vinyl design for the billboard on highway 67 and the billboard on the 84 By-pass. Roy Poage and Kim Little
8. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning an update on the installation of a sprinkler system by Koetter Fire Protection in the Selkirk Building. Roy Poage, Monte Merriman and Harold Skelton
9. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning update of JAL’s plans for the modifications to the Ambulance and Selkirk Buildings funded by JAL. Roy Poage and Herman Law
10. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the cost of repair of the failure of a portion of the concrete floor in the Selkirk Building leased by JAL Welding. Roy Poage and Herman Law
11. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the easement for the property where the CEDC bill board on highway 67 is located. Roy Poage and Kim Little
12. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the participating with the Chamber on TMCN membership. Roy Poage, Mary Griffis and Kim Little
13. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the Economic Development Plan for the City of Sulfur??? Roy Poage and Kim Little
14. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
ITEMS TO BE COVERED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
ARCIT- Legislative Update
TEDC-sales Tax Workshop
COG-Small Business Loan Committee
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
15. Adjournment of the Meeting.
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I Monte Merriman do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2017 at _______ A. M.. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Secretary by calling 325-625-2163 or by going by 218 Commercial Avenue, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.