CALLED BOARD MEETING
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BOARD ROOM
218 SOUTH COMMERCIAL
Monday, April 10, 2017
CALL TO ORDER: ROY POAGE—PRESIDENT
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
CALLED BOARD MEETING:
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning an application to the City Council to request that the City Council authorize an amendment to Article VI of its Articles of Incorporation to, among other things: increase the number of Directors from five (5) to seven (7) Directors with one (1) Director being appointed from the directors of the Coleman Development Company, Inc.; change the terms of the Directors to three (3) years except for the Director who is a director of the Coleman Development Company, Inc. whose term shall be (1) year; providing for term limits not to exceed nine (9) years for any Director and other changes commensurate with its bylaws, and authorize the President to present this application to the City Council for approval. Roy Poage
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning recommending to the City Council that the CEDC bylaws be changed to eliminate the requirement that a City Council member be appointed to the Board; recommending Gary Payne be reappointed to the position once filled by a City Council member for the remainder of a three year term, such term to expire on December 31, 2019; and authorize the President to present these changes to the City Council for approval. Roy Poage
3. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the approval for payment a bill from Overhead door and a bill from Lighthouse Global Energy, Inc. Roy Poage and Herman Law
4. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the Executive Director asking whether the CEDC should have a presence at the SLP trade show in Dallas on May 9th, 10th and 11th. Roy Poage and Kim Little
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquires about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
5. Adjournment of the Meeting.
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I Monte Merriman do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2017 at _______ P.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Secretary by calling 325-625-2163 or by going by 218 Commercial Avenue, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.