AGENDA COLEMAN EDC, INC.
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BOARD ROOM
218 SOUTH COMMERCIAL
Monday, March 27, 2017
CALL TO ORDER: ROY POAGE--PRESIDENT
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING:
· Board will consider approval of minutes of February 27, 2017. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Roy Poage
· Harold Skelton, the board’s accountant and Treasurer, will present the monthly financial report for the CEDC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Roy Poage and Harold Skelton
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions on presenting an amended budget to the city council. Roy Poage and Harold Skelton
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the status of the payment of funds owed to the CEDC from Wind Clean, JAL, and Coleman Filter. Roy Poage and Harold Skelton
3. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning an update on the repairs to the roof on the large Selkirk Building and the drainage problem in the Industrial Park. Roy Poage and Monte Merriman
4. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the update of the wiring in the JAL/Selkirk building. Roy Poage and Herman Law
5. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning an update of the meeting between the Chamber of Commerce Board, members of the 4 A and 4 B Boards to discuss in detail the future working relationship of the 4 A and 4 B Boards with the Coleman Chamber of Commerce. The meeting was called by the Chamber of Commerce Board. Roy Poage
6. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning an update from Tex Dot on the South Orient Railroad. Roy Poage and Kim Little
7. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning theinformation work sheet the Executive Director is to use in conducting the telephone interview of each company on the SLP master list as requested by the Board. Roy Poage and Kim Little
8. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning renewal of membership of ARCIT. Roy Poage and Kim Little
9. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning membership in the TMCN E. D. Alliance. Roy Poage and Kim Little
10. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning upcoming meetings with TEDC summer conference and sales tax workshop. Roy Poage and Kim Little
11. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning an update on Project Chew. Roy Poage and Kim Little
12. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
ITEMS TO BE COVERED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
Retail update on sale tax
ARCIT-CSSB 2 vote update
TMCN/San Saba panel
13. HEARING OF VISITORS CONCERNING MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA – Roy Poage (Visitors shall be limited to no more than (5) five minutes to address the CEDC Board.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, an inquiry made at a meeting shall be conducted as follows:
(a.) If at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
1. A statement of a specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
2. A recitation of existing policy in a response to the inquiry.
(b.) Any deliberation of or a decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I Monte Merriman do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2017 at _______ A.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Secretary by calling 325-625-2163 or by going by 218 Commercial Avenue, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.
14. Adjournment of the Meeting.