AGENDA COLEMAN EDC, INC.
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BOARD ROOM
218 SOUTH COMMERCIAL
Monday, April 24, 2017
CALL TO ORDER: ROY POAGE--PRESIDENT
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING:
· Board will consider approval of minutes of March 27, 2017 and April 10, 2010. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Roy Poage
· Harold Skelton, the board’s accountant and Treasurer, will present the monthly financial report for the CEDC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Roy Poage and Harold Skelton
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the SLP Pro Food Tech Show April 4-6. Roy Poage and Kim Little
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the update on the SLP Show in Dallas May 9-11. Roy Poage, Kim Little and Jack Birdwell
3. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning notifying businesses associated with the CEDC of the availability and location of dumpsters available to them during the city wide cleanup campaign. Roy Poage and Kim Little
4. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the presentation by the Executive Director of a work sheet for approval by the Board. Such work sheet to be completed when interviewing each prospect received from SLP in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Also the Board will approve a time table for the Executive Director conducting these interviews. Roy Poage ad Kim Little
5. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the update of the wiring in the JAL/Selkirk building. Roy Poage and Herman Law
6. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning a proposed expansion project with Coleman Filter, including paying for a sprinkler system for the south end of the Selkirk building to support the proposed expansion. Roy Poage
7. The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss items 6. above as authorized by Texas Government Code Section; and 551.087. Roy Poage
8. Upon returning to open session, the CEDC Board may take any action it deems appropriate regarding the matters as discussed in the Executive Session under item 6. above. Roy Poage
9. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning approval of the changes to the 4 A By Laws, the 4A articles of incorporationand the updated budget as recommended to the City Council by the 4 A Board. Roy Poage
10. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the
mowing of the 68 acres near the Rail Junction. Roy Poage
11. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
ITEMS TO BE COVERED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
E. D. Report
Strategic Plan update
A. C. T. update
12. HEARING OF VISITORS CONCERNING MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA – Roy Poage (Visitors shall be limited to no more than (5) five minutes to address the CEDC Board.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, an inquiry made at a meeting shall be conducted as follows:
(a.) If at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
1. A statement of a specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
2. A recitation of existing policy in a response to the inquiry.
(b.) Any deliberation of or a decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I Monte Merriman do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2017 at _______ A.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Secretary by calling 325-625-2163 or by going by 218 Commercial Avenue, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.
13. Adjournment of the Meeting.