COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
BILL FRANKLIN CENTER
13152 St. Hwy. 206, COLEMAN, TEXAS
Tuesday, December 19, 2017
CALL TO ORDER:
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
● Board will consider approval of minutes of 11-14-17 Regular Monthly Board Meeting, the Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes
● Sandra Rose, the board’s accountant, will present the monthly financial report for the CCC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes and Sandra Rose
OPEN PUBLIC HEARING:
In accordance with the Texas Local Gov’t Code Section 505.159, a Public Hearing will be held by the Board of Directors of the Coleman Community Coalition, a Type B Economic Development Corporation during a meeting to be held on December 19th, 2017 at 5:30 P.M. at the Bill Franklin Center, 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas, to consider and/or take action upon 2 projects:
The Board may conduct a public hearing on 2 projects:
1. To purchase a Brush Hog, Weed Eater & Chainsaw for the City of Coleman to be used for maintenance of the Disc Golf courses at City Park and Memory Lake with costs not to exceed $2,500.00.
2. To provide a supplemental loan to Chuck Dragon food truck, Josh & Heather Tye for $6,327.00 to help with equipment costs for completion of their project with USDA and COG.
Close Public Hearing
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CCC may consider, discuss or take action on approving resolution 17-10 to approve projects as presented to the Coleman City Council on December 14th and January 18th. Joe Haynes and Pat Chesser
2. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on revising Performance Agreement for Lone Star 24 Hour Fitness/Seep Springs to adjust weekly employment requirement from 30 to 15 hours. Joe Haynes and Pat Chesser
3. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on approving cooperative agreement with Type A CEDC. Joe Haynes and Pat Chesser
4. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on opening a new account for advertising reserves and also designate a special account for billboard activity. Joe Haynes and Sandra Rose
5. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on designating a representative to open accounts for electrical service with the City of Coleman and Coleman County Electrical Cooperative. The board will also consider taking action on getting the boards back in service with wiring and lighting of the locations. Joe Haynes
6. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on adopting a procedure for unpaid days that will be accumulated by Executive Director. Joe Haynes and Sandra Rose
7. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on approving Armstrong, Backus & Co., LLP for the FY 17 audit. The letter was executed by Mayor Tommy Sloan on 11/16/17 on behalf of the Type B CCC. Joe Haynes and Sandra Rose
8. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on finalizing the process for Performance Evaluation of the Executive Director for 2017. Joe Haynes
9. The CCC Board may discuss legal issues with the Board’s attorney regarding the agreement for shared expenses between the CCC and the CEDC, the agreement with the Executive Director and the possible action by the CEDC Board to end the agreements. The Board may convene in Executive Session under this item pursuant to Gov’t Code Section 551.071 (consultation with attorney).
10. Following Executive Session, the CCC Board may convene back into Open Session and take any action deemed necessary by the Board.
11. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on location of the Executive Directors office and Rent, Utility Reimbursement and other personnel services for 2018 subject to City Council approval. Joe Haynes
12. The CCC Board will hear an update on the current status of covering the dance area at the Bill Franklin Center. Kevin McMahon
13. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action concerning the
monthly report from the Executive Director.
ITEMS TO BE COVERED:
1. Retail Update-Christmas & New Year’s Event
2. Best of the Best Swine Show
3. Memory Lake Disc Golf Update
4. PA System
5. Springboard Competition
6. Billboards Update
7. Gateway Update (Mitzi & Royce can expand)
14. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CCC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
15. ADJOURNMENT OF THE MEETING
The CCC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I JOE HAYNES do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CCC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2017 at _______ A.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Joe Haynes, President of CCC
The CCC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CCC President by calling 325-998-5171 or by going by 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.