REGULAR BOARD MEETING
COLEMAN EDC, INC.
AT THE TEMPORARY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OFFICE
110 SOUTH COMMERCIAL AVENUE
Monday, December 18, 2017
CALL TO ORDER: ROY POAGE—PRESIDENT
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING:
Board will consider approval of minutes of and November 27, 2017 and December 7, 2017. The Board may take any action deemed necessary. Roy Poage
Harold Skelton, the board’s accountant will present the monthly financial report for the CEDC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Roy Poage and Harold Skelton
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning an update on the installation of a sprinkler system by Koetter Fire Protection in the Selkirk Building. Roy Poage, Monte Merriman
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions as a result of the Executive Director’s to compile a complete list, to be identified as the master list, of all prospective companies (including those from SLP in 2015, 2016 and 2017) that might increase the job availability for Coleman citizens. The Executive Director will indicate with a check mark which prospects she has previously called to personally discuss the opportunity they have to move their company to Coleman. Roy Poage and Kim Little
3. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning a lease with the Coleman Chamber of Commerce to lease space in the Chamber Building such lease to include terms regarding the CEDC Board paying for a portion of the needed repairs on the Chamber Building. Roy Poage, Gary Payne and Herman Law
4. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions terminating the Agreement between the CEDC and the CCC Concerning the Shared Costs and Services of the Executive Director dated 10-15-13, subject to City Council approval. Roy Poage, Dr. Reynolds and the Board members
5. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions not to renew the Executive Director’s Employment Agreement when it expires on January 31, 2018, subject to City Council approval. Roy Poage, Dr. Reynolds and the Board members
6. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
7. ITEMS TO BE COVERED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR—
Project Chew visit
International Trade Seminar
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
8. Adjournment of the Meeting.
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I Monte Merriman do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2017 at _______ A. M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Secretary by calling 325-625-2163 or by going by 218 Commercial Avenue, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.
Secretary by calling 325-625-2163 or by going by 218 Commercial Avenue, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.