REGULAR BOARD MEETING
COLEMAN EDC, INC.
AT THE TEMPORARY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OFFICE
110 SOUTH COMMERCIAL AVENUE
Monday, January 29, 2018
CALL TO ORDER: Gary Payne-Vice-president
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING:
Board will consider approval of minutes of and December 18, 2017. The Board may take any action deemed necessary. Gary Payne
Harold Skelton, the board’s accountant will present the monthly financial report for the CEDC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Gary Payne and Harold Skelton
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning election of the corporation officers for 2018 consisting of president, vice-president and secretary/treasurer. Gary Payne
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning an update on the installation of a sprinkler system by Koetter Fire Protection in the large Selkirk Building. President and Monte Merriman
3. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the lease agreement with the Coleman Chamber of Commerce, including getting the agreement on the next City Council agenda. President
4. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning an update on the lease payments agreed to in the JAL Welding agreement of June 15, 2017. President and Herman Law
5. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the timing and the amount of the monthly lease payments by Coleman Filter according to the contract dated June 1, 2017. President
6. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning payment for the heater repair in the Selkirk Building for Coleman Filter. President, Monte Merriman, and David Martinez
7. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions as a result of the Executive Director’s calls on the list of companies considered as prospects for moving their company to Coleman. President and Kim Little
8. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the forming of a committee to evaluate the assets of CEDC and those managed by the
CEDC. President and Kim Little
9. The CEDC Board may discuss legal and personnel matters with its attorney regarding the contract between the CEDC and the CCC for shared expenses of the Executive Director and the employment contract between the CEDC, the CCC and the Executive Director. President. The Board may convene into Executive Session under Section 551.071 and Section 551.074 of the Gov’t Code to discuss these matters.
Upon returning to open session, the CEDC Board may take any action it deems necessary, including, approving a proposed amendment to the employment agreement between the CEDC, the CCC and the Executive Director.
10. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the Board’s evaluation of the job performance of the Executive Director for 2017 and the job duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director. President
11. The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss item 10 above as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 and 551.074. President
12. Upon returning to open session, the CEDC Board may take any action it deems appropriate regarding the matters as discussed in Executive Session on item 10. President
13. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning information requested from the Board’s accountant by any person other than the CEDC Board president or the CEDC Board. President, Kim Little, Mark Price and Harold Skelton
14. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning contributing $500 to Workforce Solutions for a regional Job Fair on April 11th in Abilene pending participation from the Coleman businesses. President, Kim Little
BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
15. ITEMS TO BE COVERED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR—
Executive Director’s Report
Update on Project Chew
TxDot (25th meeting)
Springboard (24th competition)
Retail/Sale Tax Update
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
15. Adjournment of the Meeting.
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I Monte Merriman do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2018 at _______ A. M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC