COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
LONE STAR 24 HOUR FITNESS
720 W. 10th St., COLEMAN, TEXAS
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
CALL TO ORDER:
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
● Board will consider approval of minutes of 10-17-17 Regular Monthly Board Meeting, the Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes
● Sandra Rose, the board’s accountant, will present the monthly financial report for the CCC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes and Sandra Rose
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CCC may consider, discuss or take action on contracting with vendors for Porta Potties and advertising for Christmas activities on December 2nd, 2017. Joe Haynes, Kim Little
2. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on reviewing Performance Objectives/TWC reports for Lone Star 24 Hour Fitness and presentation by Lori McMahon and staff. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
3. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on forming a committee to work with TXDOT on Gateway additions and Way Finding signage in Coleman. Kim Little and Joe Haynes
4. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on working with Randy Turner and possible vendors to make improvements to the downtown business district with an updated PA system. Kim Little
5. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on reimbursement to Coleman County Youth Activity Center for Rent, Utility reimbursement and other services for November and December 2017. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
6. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on Finalizing letter of ownership on billboards from the Coleman County Chamber of Commerce and receipt of funds to manage the Billboards. Joe Haynes and Kim Little
7. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on Billboard monthly/yearly rotations and possible fees that will be charged for the business sector to utilize the space and market the community. Kim Little
8. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on possible supplemental funding for Chuck Dragon as a project participated with USDA. Kim Little
9. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on contracting with an attorney to represent the board for 2018.
10. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on executing a Cooperative Agreement with the Type A EDC and Type B CCC. Joe Haynes
11. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on allowing the Executive Director to purchase supplies and office equipment. Joe Haynes & Kim Little
12. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on Election of Officers for 2018. Joe Haynes
13. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on purchasing a shredder, chain saw & weed eater for the City of Coleman to help with maintenance of the Disc Golf Courses. Kim Little and Earl Johnson
14. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action concerning the
monthly report from the Executive Director.
ITEMS TO BE COVERED:
1. Retail Update-Fall Festival & Christmas
2. Disc Golf
3. TEDC – Oct. 18-20 (Recap)
4. ARCIT – Nov. 1-3 (Recap)
5. COG – Nov. 8 (Recap)
6. Memory Lake & Dance Floor Update
7. Senior Center
9. COG-Loan Committee Update
15. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CCC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
16. ADJOURNMENT OF THE MEETING
The CCC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I JOE HAYNES do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CCC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2017 at _______ A.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Joe Haynes, President of CCC
The CCC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CCC President by calling 325-998-5171 or by going by 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.