SPECIAL CALLED BOARD MEETING
COLEMAN EDC, INC.
AT THE TEMPORARY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OFFICE
110 SOUTH COMMERCIAL
Monday, June 25, 2018
CALL TO ORDER: Herman Law, President
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
FINANCIAL REPORT/BUDGET WORKSHOP:
The Board will hold a budget workshop to look at the FY19 budget numbers and will adopt the budget at a meeting to be held on July 9th, 2018.
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on evaluating drainage issues at JAL location in the Industrial Park at the Airport.
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on matters regarding the bids received for leases on tracts owned by the CEDC (a 68.14 acre tract and a 48.65 acre tract) and awarding or rejecting bids on the tracts.
3. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on a request from Harold Skelton for reimbursement of $750.00 for extra hours worked on FY 17 audit issues.
4. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on electing the following officers of the corporation, secretary/treasurer and vice president, to serve the remaining term of office for the offices vacated by Monte Merriman and Gary Payne.
5. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss or take action on location of records and or record keeping for the organization.
6. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
7. RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR:
Visitors will be limited to no more than (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) A statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) A recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
8. ADJOURNMENT OF THE MEETING:
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071(Consultation with the Board’s Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.087
I Kim Little, do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ________, 2018 at _______P.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Kim Little, Executive Director CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Executive Director by calling 325-625-3669 or by going by 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.