CALLED BOARD MEETING
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BOARD ROOM
218 SOUTH COMMERCIAL
Monday, June 5, 2017
CALL TO ORDER: ROY POAGE—PRESIDENT
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING:
· Board will consider approval of minutes of 4/24/17 and 5/9/17. The Board may take any action deemed necessary. Roy Poage
· Harold Skelton, the board’s accountant will present the monthly financial report for the CEDC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Roy Poage and Harold Skelton
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the progress of the Executive Directors efforts in bringing prospective companies identified by SLP to Coleman to increase the job availability for Coleman citizens. Roy Poage and Kim Little
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the Executive Director’s report on her attendance at the recent expo show and reception in Dallas.
3. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning a lease/performance agreement of the South End of the Selkirk Building for expansion by Coleman Filter to 30 employees. Agreement to include consideration for damages to Coleman Filter products and raw material due to leaky roof as an offset to utility charges incurred by CEDC in the south end of Selkirk Building. Roy Poage and Monte Merriman
4. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning a contract for the installation of a sprinkler system for the entire Selkirk Building. Roy Poage and Monte Merriman
5. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning contracts which will allow modifications funded by JAL to the Ambulance and Selkirk Buildings. These modifications will allow JAL to expand their work force to 20 employees.
6. The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss items 3., 4., and 5. above as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071(2), consultation with attorney, and 551.087, economic development negotiations. Roy Poage
7. Upon returning to open session, the CEDC Board may take any action it deems appropriate regarding the matters as discussed in the Executive Session under items 3., 4., and 5. above. Roy Poage
8. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the repair and use of the billboard on highways 67 and the one on the 84 by-pass. Roy Poage, Monte Merriman and Herman Law
9. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning approving the spraying, the harvesting and selling of hay on the Rail Junction property. Roy Poage, Herman Law
10. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the possible funding of a portion of the cost of the recent cleanup campaign for Coleman. Roy Poage, Richard Hetzel and Kim Little
11. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
12. ITEMS TO BE COVERED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
· Strategic Plan Update
· A. C. T. Update
· ARCIT-Legislative Update
· COG-Partners Conference Update
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquires about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
13. Adjournment of the Meeting.
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I Monte Merriman do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2017 at _______ P.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Secretary by calling 325-625-2163 or by going by 218 Commercial Avenue, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.