AGENDA COLEMAN EDC, INC.
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BOARD ROOM
218 SOUTH COMMERCIAL
Monday, February 27, 2017
CALL TO ORDER: ROY POAGE--PRESIDENT
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING:
· Board will consider approval of minutes of January 17, 2017, January 24, 2017 and January 30, 2017. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Roy Poage
· Harold Skelton, the board’s accountant and Treasurer, will present the monthly financial report for the CEDC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Roy Poage and Harold Skelton
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning an update on the repairs to the roof on the large Selkirk Building and the drainage problem in the Industrial Park. Roy Poage and Monte Merriman
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning theinformation the Executive Director should obtain from the companies on the SLP master list as requested by the Board. Roy Poage and Kim Little
3. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning a meeting between the Chamber of Commerce Board, members of the 4 A and 4 B Boards to discuss in detail the future working relationship of the 4 A and 4 B Boards with the Coleman Chamber of Commerce. The meeting to be called by the Chamber of Commerce Board. Roy Poage
4. The CEDC Board may consult with the CEDC’s attorney regarding an investigation into possible illegal recording of Executive Sessions taking place in the Chamber Board Room. Roy Poage
5. The CEDC Board will meet to deliberate the employment, evaluation and duties of the Executive Director. This meeting will involve deliberations regarding the CEDC Board’s expectations of the Executive Director going forward in the form of Performance Objectives to ensure the goals and objectives of the community of Coleman and the CEDC Board are met and the letter from the Executive Director’s attorney regarding same. Roy Poage
6. The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss items 4. and 5. above as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections; 551.074, 551.071(2), and 551.087. Roy Poage
7. Upon returning to open session, the CEDC Board may take any action it deems appropriate regarding the matters as discussed in the Executive Session under items 1, and 2. above. Roy Poage
8. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
ITEMS TO BE COVERED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
9. HEARING OF VISITORS CONCERNING MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA – Roy Poage (Visitors shall be limited to no more than (5) five minutes to address the CEDC Board.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, an inquiry made at a meeting shall be conducted as follows:
(a.) If at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
1. A statement of a specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
2. A recitation of existing policy in a response to the inquiry.
(b.) Any deliberation of or a decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
10. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the election of officers of the corporation for 2017. Roy Poage
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I Monte Merriman do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2017 at _______ A.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Secretary by calling 325-625-2163 or by going by 218 Commercial Avenue, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.
· Adjournment of the Meeting.