AGENDA COLEMAN EDC, INC.
SPECIAL CALL MEETING
IN THE TILLMAN ROOM OF THE CITY LIBRARY
408 SOUTH COMMERCIAL
TUESDAY JANUARY 17, 2017
CALL TO ORDER: ROY POAGE--PRESIDENT
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
· Board will consider approval of minutes of December 1, 2016, December 19, 2017. and January 11, 2017. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Roy Poage
1. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the election of officers for of the CEDC for 2017. Roy Poage
2. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning the evaluation of the job performance of the Executive Director for 2016 and the job duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director. Roy Poage
3. The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss item 2 above as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071(2) on a matter upon which the attorney has a duty to confidentially advise the client, and 551.074. Roy Poage
4. The CEDC Board may consider, discuss, or take actions concerning legal matters related to employment of the Executive Director with the CEDC’s legal counsel. Roy Poage
5. The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss item 4 above as authorized by Texas Government Code Section 551.071(2) on a matter upon which the attorney has a duty to confidentially advise the client. Roy Poage
6. Upon returning to open session, the CEDC Board may take any action it deems appropriate regarding the matters as discussed in Executive Session on items 2 and 4. Roy Poage
7. HEARING OF VISITORS CONCERNING MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA – Roy Poage (Visitors shall be limited to no more than (5) five minutes to address the CEDC Board.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, an inquiry made at a meeting shall be conducted as follows:
(a.) If at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
1. A statement of a specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
2. A recitation of existing policy in a response to the inquiry.
(b.) Any deliberation of or a decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
The CEDC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I Monte Merriman do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2017 at _______ A.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Secretary by calling 325-625-2163 or by going by 218 Commercial Avenue, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.
8. Adjournment of the Meeting.