AGENDA FOR SPECIAL CALLED JOINT MEETING
OF THE BOARDS OF THE COLEMAN EDC, INC.,
AND THE CITY COUNCIL
AT COLEMAN CITY HALL
200 W. LIVEOAK, COLEMAN, TEXAS
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2016
CALL TO ORDER: ROY POAGE--PRESIDENT
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquires about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
The CEDC Board will meet in joint session with the CCC Board and City Council to consider, listen and discuss the following items on the City Council agenda:
The City Council shall consider, discuss and/or take actions regarding the recommendation of the Type A ColemanEconomic Development Corporation (CEDC) regarding the single bid received on November 17, 2016 from Michael Worsham in the amount of $39,250.00 for the repairs to the roof of the 68,297 Sq. Ft. warehouse building belonging to the Coleman Municipal Airport – Mayor, Nick Poldrack and Roy Poage, President of the 4-ACEDC and Monte Merriman Secretary of the 4-ACEDC.
I. NEW BUSIINESS:
1. The City Council shall consider, discuss and/or take actions regarding a request for removal of Roy Poage as a director of the Type 4-A Coleman Economic Development Corporation – Mayor, Nick Poldrack and City Council Member Sherman Smith.
2. The City Council shall consider, discuss and/or take actions regarding the appointment of new members to the Type A Coleman Economic Development Corporation for terms which will expire on 12-31-16 (and for replacement of Roy Poage if Council approves item 1 above) to include the following positions Mayor, Nick Poldrack and Roy Poage, President of the Type 4-A Coleman Economic Development Corporation.
· Appointment of a member from the Coleman Development Corporation for a one year term expiring on 12-31-17. (1 year term)
· Appointment of a member from the City Council for a one year term which will expire on 12-31-17. (1 year term)
· Appointment of two members to the Board whose terms will expire on 12-31-2019(3 year terms)
· Appointment of one member to the Board whose term will expire on 12-31-2017 (remainder of unexpired term of Roy Poage)
· Adjournment of the meeting
I Monte Merriman do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2016 at _______ and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Monte Merriman, Secretary CEDC
The CEDC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CEDC Secretary by calling 325-625-2163 or by going by 218 Commercial Avenue, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.