BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
TYPE A COLEMAN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
TYPE B COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION
Regular Meeting Agenda
The Board of Directors of the Type A Coleman Economic Development Corporation (“CEDC”) and the Type B Coleman Community Coalition (“CCC”) will meet in joint session on Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 6:00p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall, 200 West Liveoak, Coleman, Texas. All items on the agenda are for possible discussion and action. The Board may vote and/or act upon each of the items listed on this Agenda. One agenda item will be discussed at a time, in the order determined by the Presiding Officer, unless logic and practical considerations allow similar topics to be considered together for purposes of convenience and efficiency.
The CEDC and CCC Boards reserve the right to retire into closed, executive session on any of the items listed below should the need arise and if authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code, including but not limited to: Government Code Sections 551.071-Consultation with Attorney; 551.072-Deliberations about Real Property; 551.074-Personnel Matters; 551.087-Economic Development.
1. Call to Order, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Hearing of Visitors
Any citizen who desires to address the Board on a matter not included on the agenda may do so at this time. The Board may not deliberate on items presented under this agenda item. Presentations are subject to three (3) minutes for items no on the agenda. If you wish to speak to an item on the agenda, you will be allowed to speak when the Board addresses the item. There is a (3) minute time limit for items on the agenda. The presiding officer (with the consent of a majority of the Board) may grant additional time. To comply with the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Board respectfully requests that prior to addressing the Board, that each person submit a Speaker Request Form stating your name, address, and topic of presentation. The form is located at the entryway to Council Chambers.
3. Approval of Minutes
A. CEDC and CCC joint board meeting held on August 8, 2019.
4. Financial Reports
A. Review CEDC and CCC Financial reports by Sandra Rose, CPA
5. The CEDC and CCC Boards may enter into Executive Session to discuss the following Pursuant to: Government Code 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) and 551.087 (Deliberations regarding Economic Development Negotiations) Funding the lighting for the youth ballpark project.
6. Upon returning to Open Session, the CEDC and CCC Board may take action to call a public hearing on the youth ballpark project.
7. To discuss and take action on executing a contract with Full Strut Media for an updated website and a Promotional/Advertising/Branding campaign.
8. To discuss and take action on a request from Best of the Best Swine Show for $750.00 for a show to be held on December 7th.
9. To discuss and take action on renewal of advertising/signage at Goree Expo Center.
10. To discuss and take action on a request from Jody Barr for financial assistance to purchase a street banner for the Hunter’s BBQ.
11. To consider providing the cash match for an application to Texas Parks & Wildlife for the Small Community Grant at Milton Autry Memory Lake due December 4th.
12. To consider paying the application fee to Public Management for the Boating Access Grant due October 1st.
13. To consider re-scheduling the October meeting date for the CEDC and CCC.
14. Directors Report-Project Update, VISTA Update, Grants, Jr. Business Academy, ARCIT.
Kim Little, Director of Economic Development
I certify that the above notice of meeting was posted at City Hall, 200 W. Liveoak, Coleman, Texas, and on the City of Coleman and the Coleman EDC internet websites on Monday, September 9, 2019 at 5:00p.m. and remained so posted continuously for at least seventy-two (72) hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. I further certify that the media was properly notified. A list of those notified will be available upon request.
Karen Langley, City Secretary
The City of Coleman is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communications will be provided to those who provide notice to the City Secretary by calling 325-625-4116 or by going by 200 W. Liveoak, Coleman, Texas during normal business hours at least (48) forty-eight hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.