BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
TYPE A COLEMAN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
TYPE B COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION
Special Called Meeting Agenda
The Board of Directors of the Type A Coleman Economic Development Corporation (“CEDC”) and the Type B Coleman Community Coalition (“CCC”) will meet in Special Called joint session on Monday, March 18, 2019 at 6:00p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall, 200 West Liveoak, Coleman, Texas. All items on the agenda are for possible discussion and action. The Board may vote and/or act upon each of the items listed on this Agenda. One agenda item will be discussed at a time, in the order determined by the Presiding Officer, unless logic and practical considerations allow similar topics to be considered together for purposes of convenience and efficiency.
The CEDC and CCC Boards reserve the right to retire into closed, executive session on any of the items listed below should the need arise and if authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code, including but not limited to: Government Code Sections 551.071-Consultation with Attorney; 551.072-Deliberations about Real Property; 551.074-Personnel Matters; 551.087-Economic Development.
1. Call to Order, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Hearing of Visitors
Any citizen who desires to address the Board on a matter not included on the agenda may do so at this time. The Board may not deliberate on items presented under this agenda item. Presentations are subject to three (3) minutes for items no on the agenda. If you wish to speak to an item on the agenda, you will be allowed to speak when the Board addresses the item. There is a (3) minute time limit for items on the agenda. The presiding officer (with the consent of a majority of the Board) may grant additional time. To comply with the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Board respectfully requests that prior to addressing the Board, that each person submit a Speaker Request Form stating your name, address, and topic of presentation. The form is located at the entryway to Council Chambers.
3. New Business
1. To adopt a resolution to provide funds up to $7,500.00 to be used for fencing materials and gate at Milton Autry Memory Lake to complete the exterior project and to remove old materials.
2. To adopt a resolution to provide funds up to $5,000.00 to Coleman Performing Arts to help with costs to hire CAL Johnson to paint a mural on the North side of the studio.
3. To adopt a resolution to provide funds up to $4,000.00 to Circle C Cattlewomen for funding to advertise & promote The Great Western Trail Days event, April 26-28, 2019.
4. To adopt a resolution to provide funds up to $2,250.00 for the Western Syndicate Committee to promote the Steer/Heifer show scheduled for May 31st and June 1st & 2nd, 2019.
5. To consider sponsorship/overseeing funds for Coleman County RED, WHITE & BOOM on July 4th.
6. To consider a forgivable loan to CTO for improvements to 114 Needham and potential real estate purchase of adjacent property for relocation of offices for the Community Action Agency. The board may call for a Public Hearing on the project.
7. To consider making changes to Downtown Deli’s Performance Agreement.
8. Presentation of Funding Options Memo to the boards.
Director of Economic Development
I certify that the above notice of meeting was posted at City Hall, 200 W. Liveoak, Coleman, Texas, and on the Coleman EDC internet website on Friday, March 15, 2019 at 10:00a.m. and remained so posted continuously for at least seventy-two (72) hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. I further certify that the media was properly notified. A list of those notified will be available upon request.
Karen Langley, City Secretary
The City of Coleman is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communications will be provided to those who provide notice to the City Secretary by calling 325-625-4116 or by going by 200 W. Liveoak, Coleman, Texas during normal business hours at least (48) forty-eight hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.