BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
TYPE A COLEMAN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
TYPE B COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION
Regular Meeting Agenda
The Board of Directors of the Type A Coleman Economic Development Corporation (“CEDC”) and the Type B Coleman Community Coalition (“CCC”) will meet in joint session on Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 6:00p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall, 200 West Liveoak, Coleman, Texas. All items on the agenda are for possible discussion and action. The Board may vote and/or act upon each of the items listed on this Agenda. One agenda item will be discussed at a time, in the order determined by the Presiding Officer, unless logic and practical considerations allow similar topics to be considered together for purposes of convenience and efficiency.
The CEDC and CCC Boards reserve the right to retire into closed, executive session on any of the items listed below should the need arise and if authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code, including but not limited to: Government Code Sections 551.071-Consultation with Attorney; 551.072-Deliberations about Real Property; 551.074-Personnel Matters; 551.087-Economic Development.
1. Call to Order, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Hearing of Visitors
Any citizen who desires to address the Board on a matter not included on the agenda may do so at this time. The Board may not deliberate on items presented under this agenda item. Presentations are subject to three (3) minutes for items no on the agenda. If you wish to speak to an item on the agenda, you will be allowed to speak when the Board addresses the item. There is a (3) minute time limit for items on the agenda. The presiding officer (with the consent of a majority of the Board) may grant additional time. To comply with the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Board respectfully requests that prior to addressing the Board, that each person submit a Speaker Request Form stating your name, address, and topic of presentation. The form is located at the entryway to Council Chambers.
3. Approval of Minutes
A. CEDC and CCC joint board meeting held on September 12, 2019, a joint public hearing on September 23rd and a special called joint meeting on September 30th.
4. Financial Reports
A. Review CEDC and CCC Financial reports by Sandra Rose, CPA
5. Open Public Hearing
In accordance with the Texas Local Gov’t Code Section 505.159, a Public Hearing will be held on 2 projects:
1.To provide funds up to $5,000.00 from the Type B CCC for Christmas Lights in the Business District installed by Boyd King.
2. To provide matching funds up to $75,000.00 from the Type B CCC to be used as a Match for the TP&W Small Community Grant at Milton Autry Memory Lake.
Close Public Hearing
6. The CCC Board may take action and approve a resolution to provide funds up to $5,000.00 for Christmas Lights in the Business District installed by Boyd King.
7. To discuss and take action on adopting a resolution and providing funds for grant application to TP&W in the amount of $150,000.00 for the Small Community Grant for Milton Autry Memory Lake due December 4th, 2019. This is a 50/50 Match and the application fee of $3,500.00 to Public Management Inc. is being waived.
8. To discuss and take action on submitting an application and passing a resolution for the CCC to apply for a grant up to $50,000.00 for the Community Outdoor Outreach Program, due December 4th, 2019. No Match Required.
9. To discuss and take possible action on a request from Ashlee Miller for promotional assistance not to exceed $3,000.00 for the Great Western Trail Days Longhorn Show, April 23-26, 2020.
10. To discuss and take action on possible renewal or solicitation of bids for the farm leases on 2 tracts of land owned by the Type A CEDC.
11. To discuss and take possible action on approving up to $400.00 to purchase a Chromebook with a 3 year protection plan for the VISTA program.
12. To discuss and take possible action on approving the contract between the CEDC, the CCC, the City of Coleman and the Coleman County Youth Sports Complex, a 501©(3) organization to build a baseball/softball complex..
13. To discuss and take possible action on a request from Robert Williamson for assistance with the Rancho Loma Steak House project.
14. Directors Report-Project Update, VISTA Update, Grants, Full Strut, ARCIT, TEDC, TMCN and Billboards.
Kim Little, Director of Economic Development
I certify that the above notice of meeting was posted at City Hall, 200 W. Liveoak, Coleman, Texas, and on the City of Coleman and the Coleman EDC internet websites on Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 5:00p.m. and remained so posted continuously for at least seventy-two (72) hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. I further certify that the media was properly notified. A list of those notified will be available upon request.
James King, Assistant City Secretary
The City of Coleman is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communications will be provided to those who provide notice to the City Secretary by calling 325-625-4116 or by going by 200 W. Liveoak, Coleman, Texas during normal business hours at least (48) forty-eight hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.