COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
BILL FRANKLIN CENTER
13152 St. Hwy. 206, COLEMAN, TEXAS
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
CALL TO ORDER:
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
● Board will consider approval of minutes of 6-19-18 Regular Monthly Board Meeting, the 6-28-18 Ady Advantage meeting, 7-9-18 Joint meeting with CEDC and 7-10-18 Budget Workshop meeting. The Board may take any action deemed necessary.
● Sandra Rose, the board’s accountant, will present the monthly financial report for the CCC. Board members will also take action to adopt the FY 19 Budget. The Board may take any action deemed necessary.
OPEN Public Hearing:
In accordance with the Texas Local Gov’t Code Section 505.159, a Public Hearing will be held by the Board of Directors of the Coleman Community Coalition, a Type B Economic Development Corporation during a meeting to be held on July 17th, 2018 at 6:00 P.M. at the Bill Franklin Center, 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas, to consider and/or take action upon 1 project:
The Board may conduct a public hearing on 1 project:
1. To provide funds up to $3,000.00 to be utilized to replace/repair riser at Milton Autry Memory Lake.
Close Public Hearing
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on approving a resolution to approve the following project: 1) To provide funds up to $3,000.00 to be utilized to replace/repair riser at Milton Autry Memory Lake. The project, if approved, will be presented to the Coleman City Council for their approval.
2. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on planning a joint meeting with the Type A CEDC to discuss moving forward on the Workforce Center.
3. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on adopting their FY 19 Work Plan
4. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on review of TWC Performance numbers for Freight Train CrossFit.
5. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on approving a plan to present to the City of Coleman for Memory Lake improvements that would be eligible for a TP&W grant.
6. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on updating application and criteria for project funding.
7. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on developing/adopting a brand/logo/tag line for the Type B CCC.
8. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action concerning the
monthly report from the Executive Director including an updated Evergreen List.
ITEMS TO BE COVERED:
1. Retail Update-Biz People Meeting/Events/Activities
3. Billboards Update
4. Picnic in the Park
9. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CCC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
10. ADJOURNMENT OF THE MEETING
The CCC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I KIM LITTLE do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CCC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2018 at _______ A.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Kim Little, Executive Director of CCC
The CCC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CCC Executive Director by calling 325-625-1280 or by going by 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.