COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
BILL FRANKLIN CENTER
13152 St. Hwy. 206, COLEMAN, TEXAS
Thursday, February 15, 2018
CALL TO ORDER:
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
● Board will consider approval of minutes of 1-23-18 Regular Monthly Board Meeting, the Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes
● Sandra Rose, the board’s accountant, will present the monthly financial report for the CCC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes and Sandra Rose
Open Public Hearing
In accordance with the Texas Local Gov’t Code Section 505.159, a Public Hearing will be held by the Board of Directors of the Coleman Community Coalition, a Type B Economic Development Corporation during a meeting to be held on February 15th, 2018 at 4:00 P.M. at the Bill Franklin Center, 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas, to consider and/or take action upon 1 project:
The Board may conduct a public hearing on 1 project:
1. To provide a grant to Central Texas Opportunities in the amount of $5,000.00 to help with updating Meter Loop, Leveling, Plumbing and Rehab; the funds will be used on a structure previously acquired by CTO at 209 N. Frio, Coleman, TX.
Close Public Hearing
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CCC may consider, discuss or take action on approving a resolution providing a grant to Central Texas Opportunities in the amount of $5,000.00 such project to be presented to the Coleman City Council on February 15th, 2018 for Council approval. Mitzi Mays and Pat Chesser
2. The CCC may consider, discuss or take action on TWC/Workforce numbers for Lil Cats Daycare to see if criteria for Performance Agreement has been met. Mitzi Mays, Kim Little and Sandra Rose
3. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on SMART Goals to be considered for adoption by Type B CCC board. Mitzi Mays and Mark Price
4. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on approving members to serve on a committee for Curriculum and Planning for the Career Development Center and to work with other partners to develop a comprehensive plan. Mitzi Mays, Kim Little and Pat Chesser
5. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on designating funds for advertising, prize money and event activities to help with the Coleman County Syndicate Steer Show to be held in June. Mitzi Mays and Kim Little
6. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on spending 200.00 for a porta pottie on March 3rd at Memory Lake. Mitzi Mays and Kim Little
7. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on designating funds for a wireless sound system to be installed on Commercial Avenue in downtown Coleman. Mitzi Mays and Kim Little
8. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action on an update for the Memory Lake project. Bill Hennig
9. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action to pay the CCYAC board for Rent, Utility Reimbursement and other personnel services for April 2018. Mitzi Mays
10. The CCC Board may consider, discuss or take action concerning the
monthly report from the Executive Director.
ITEMS TO BE COVERED:
1. Retail Update-Biz People Meeting/Events/Activities
2. Gateway (Mitzi-Royce-Kim)
3. Disc Golf Update
4. Springboard Competition (24th)
5. Billboards Update
6. Job Fair-April 11th
11. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CCC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
12. ADJOURNMENT OF THE MEETING
The CCC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I KIM LITTLE do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CCC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2018 at _______ A.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Kim Little, Executive Director of CCC
The CCC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CCC Executive Director by calling 325-625-1280 or by going by 13152 St. Hwy 206, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.