COLEMAN COMMUNITY COALITION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BOARD ROOM
218 SOUTH COMMERCIAL
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
CALL TO ORDER:
WELCOME TO VISITORS AND GUESTS:
• The Board will conduct a public hearing on the following projects:
1. A $10,000.00 forgivable loan to Petticoats on the Prairie to bring the
show to Coleman for a 2nd year in April of 2017.
2. For the 4B EDC to apply for a USDA Community Facilities Loan in the
maximum amount of $700,000.00 for the Workforce Development Center Project.
Following the public hearings, the Board will discuss, consider and/or take
Action on resolution approving the above referenced projects.
RECEIVING AN INQUIRY BY A VISITOR: Visitors will be limited to no more that (5) minutes to address the Board concerning an inquiry as follows:
1. If, at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by this subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter do not apply to:
(a) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or
(b) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry.
2. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
● Board will consider approval of minutes of 7-19-16 and the Special Called / Budget Workshop meeting on 7-28-16. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes
● Sandra Rose, the board’s accountant, will present the monthly financial report for the CCC. The Board may take any action deemed necessary – Joe Haynes and Sandra Rose
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
1. The CCC may consider, discuss, or take action on a presentation of a funding application from:
1. City Pocket Park – Richard Hetzel
2. Lone Star 24 hr. Fitness – Lori McMahon
3. Double H request – Shannon Lopez
4. Prickly Pear Food + Wine Festival – Amy Bledsoe
All presentations are limited to 10 minutes. Kim Little & Joe Haynes
2. The CCC Board may consider, discuss, or take action to request permission to reallocate funds for the Coleman Sr. Center. Kim Little, Joe Haynes, & Tina Rankin
3. The CCC Board may consider, discuss, or take action on the Executive Director negotiating commitments from public private partners for Workforce Development Center. Kim Little and Joe Haynes
4. The CCC Board may consider, discuss, or take action on the Executive Director negotiating a purchase price for the Fellowship Baptist Church. Kim Little
5. The CCC Board may consider, discuss, or take action on a Christmas Committee update. Kim Little and Joe Haynes
6. The CCC may consider, discuss, or take action on participation Accountability Roundtable Follow-up meeting, meal & supplies on September 8, 2016 with Mark & Jane Price. Kim Little
7. The CCC Board may consider, discuss, or take action on submitting Form 424 to the USDA for loan application, pending City Council approval. Kim Little and Joe Haynes
8. The CCC Board may consider, discuss, or take action on writing a letter of support for the Sidewalk Downtown Revitalization Project possible funding. Kim Little
9. The CCC Board may consider, discuss, or take action on funding the Wildlife Committee $2,500.00 for the Hunter’s Extravaganza in Ft. Worth and the Hunter’s BBQ in Coleman. Kim Little and Jody Barr
10. The CCC Board may consider, discuss, or take action on Chamber of Commerce Office Support. Kim Little and Joe Haynes
11. The CCC Board may consider, discuss, or take action on the Amended Budget for FY17. Kim Little and Sandra Rose
12. The CCC Board may consider, discuss, or take action on Texas Workforce Commission Reports for Rancho Loma and Dr. Lorin Wolf / Heartland Chiropractic. Kim Little
13. The CCC Board may consider, discuss, or take action concerning the monthly report by the Executive Director. Kim Little
ITEMS TO BE COVERED:
1. Strategic Plan
3. TMCN Ad
4. Jobs Update
5. ARCIT Update
14. BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS:
THE BOARD MEMBERS MAY DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTIONS REGARDING ANY ITEM LISTED ON THIS AGENDA (ONLY THOSE ITEMS LISTED MAY BE PRESENTED AND DISCUSSED BY A MEMBER OF THE CEDC STAFF AND OR BOARD MEMBERS)
15. ADJOURNMENT OF THE MEETING
The CCC Board of the City of Coleman reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters as listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with the Board’s attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.074(Personnel Matters), 551.087 (Economic Development).
I JOE HAYNES do hereby certify that the above notice of a meeting of the CCC Board of Directors for the City of Coleman, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall and Chamber of Commerce of said City in Coleman, Texas in a location convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on ___________, 2016 at _______ A.M. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Joe Haynes, President of CCC
The CCC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communication will be provided to those who provide notice to the CCC President by calling 325-998-5171 or by going by 218 Commercial Avenue, Coleman, Texas 76834, during normal business hours at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled meeting.